Party Nights 1976


 When I was a teen, I was pretty wild. Me and my friends cruised around Ft Lauderdale every night, stopping at all the usual places to party.

One night we ventured to Pompano where there was a large rock pit. These pits were dug out to build overpasses for I-95. Since S Florida is at near sea level, these pits are big lakes. The gravel road down to the lake had a curve which I missed once.

The road had lots of trees around it, all about 3 inches in diameter (guessing). We plowed through the trees. The noise was deafening as we just kept plowing through like a corn field. I floored it and headed back to the road. Everybody in the car was laughing. We were very high.

I made it back to the road, only to have everybody wanting to do it again. That's all I remember about that night. Plowing through the trees.

The next morning, my mother woke me up carrying on about something. Something about the car. I got out of bed to look at the car, knowing I don't remember coming home. The car was covered with mud with a long tree dragging behind it. She was wanting to know where I'd been.

My poor parents. I apologized profusely when I grew up (so to speak).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr Beau Update