Big Day

I95

 I've checked out the area around the transmission shop where I'm picking up my motorhome today. I need room to hookup the toad, transfer Miles, and do a cursory inspection. It eases the anxious feelings to know what it all looks like. I've never been there. This is my first time out in nearly 4 months.

As a recap, the transmission died on 1/7 in Dime Box, TX right at a little truck stop/store/gas Exxon. Huge parking lot, lighting, cameras. The manager was understanding and didn't mind. It was a miracle as there is absolutely nothing in that area. I lived there for 10 days. Beautiful countryside. Finally figured out what I wanted to do and had to tow 63 miles ($800) to McKinney RV Park ($500). Cash. Paid each month. No deposit needed so it was the least amount of cash needed to get me off that parking lot. I lived there while I arranged for Oliver Bro Transmission to do the work, save my money and secured a few credit cards. Meghan lives 20 minutes away.


While at the RV Park, the brakes were failing on the toad. The estimate was $1,500 but have been telling people it was 1200. I looked at the estimate again. I ordered the parts online for $200 and YouTube showed me how. It took 2 weeks. Meghan helped with a few errands and groceries. I had a hard time scoring weed.

I moved in with Meghan in College Station on 4/3 as I had the motorhome towed ($700) 23 miles to Oliver Brothers. The dude started to have second thoughts and freaked me out. Now it's ready but he says I should have my Balance Harmonizer looked at. WTF? It was fine before the transmission problem. I just had a mechanic look at the engine after the beach incident (different story) back in December.

Today I hope to make it to Limestone Reservoir which is a little more than 1 hour. I'll have very little money until Friday. I had hoped to get a $1000 credit card which is on its way. I should be fine. I'll feel much better if I get to the Reservoir and all seems fine. I plan to depart on Monday, 5/8 for Colorado after I get paid on Friday, ton of groceries, etc. Leaving on a weekend ain't cool.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr Beau Update