Lost Baby Spoons


 When my son was a toddler, we lived in a small cabin in the woods. The wife hated it, I absolutely loved it. It was nestled in the back of a KOA campground in Swannanoa, NC that closed 5 months out of the year.

When we moved, my wife went ahead of me and I was to take care of getting things she wanted. I failed miserably. A few items we lost were my son's and my baby spoons.

For years I thought of that. There was a hole in the paneling by where my son sat in his highchair. I was certain the spoons were in the wall.

Fast forward 20 years. In 1997, I moved back to NC (different place 3 hours away). I decided to go to the cabin and retrieve the spoons. When I got there it was locked and nobody was living in it. I broke in. I was able to get the bottom of the paneling and pulled. Out tumbled the spoons and a Fred Flintstone fork.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr Beau Update