Funny story. I worked "Special Handling" cargo at Elmendorf AFB, AK in 1981-1984. We were sitting around the office one night, listening to both ATOC and the tower. Sometimes planes come unannounced and we like to stay on top of it while playing cards. It was winter. In the winter, the AF did not use it's own planes to deliver cargo to the various radar sites in AK. They used Bush Pilots flying DC-3s. They ALWAYS came unannounced. Suddenly the silence was broken and a voice asked the tower to turn on the flightline lights. The tower came back and asked questions because they did not see him on radar. They asked the pilot what runway he wanted. Silence. Then after about 30 seconds, the pilot came on and told the tower they just touched down and just needed to know where to taxi. Pretty embarrassing for the 21st Tactical Fighter Wing.
I have been totally unplugged from the world. I have almost no knowledge of anything going on except for little snippets that sneak in. I am done. I can't do anything about it and I know more than I care to know. I'm training Beau's newsfeed to only show things I love. I want nothing to do with iron pumping, gun toting, macho bullshit. Take your hate of the government somewhere else. Most of all, take your uninformed, covid infected, macho bullshit away from me. I still have to face people in real life and I know what to say now and can hear the hints to walk away. It's me and Miles now, making new friends, living a VERY simple life. I like meeting new people and hearing about their journeys. The biggest problem on Earth right now is getting my transmission fixed.
Comments
Post a Comment