Took a Chance


 

 It's easy to judge after something fails. If my "little gamble" HAD paid out, I'd be in a much better position. How much of a gamble? I had barely made it to TX from Colorado on fumes (literally). I actually stopped somewhere and dumped my gas cans into the motorhome.  I figured THAT to be the big gamble.

The plan was to be as still as possible without spending lots of money. I can only be in one place for 14 days in most cases. I have to drive to the next place then the next place, I got oil changed and inspection for both vehicles plus some wire malfunction. $700. 

So off I go to S Padre Island where I can sit on the beach for 2 weeks. I'd done it before. I know lots of people who've done it. It was only 1 hour away. Easy does it, I just needed to save $2500 to $3500 to get some work done. At $1400/mo you can save pretty quick. I would be able to get enough funds to do the inspections, fixes, tires, whatever to get er ready to Colorado. 

Well laid plans. Padre, Rockport, Dime Box. WTF? Am I cursed or is someone talking to me? Maybe I would have spent $3500 getting it ready and THEN the transmission failed, etc. Reality, I never should have left Colorado with no access to funds. Easy to judge looking back. The motorhome has been running so well for so long since 10/19. I should have stopped at the $180/mo RV Park which is part of the museum in Ft Sumner, NM. Sat there safely, economically, and waited on funds.

THAT'S how people die, trying to make something happen that is not safe. Ever jerk your head when driving sleepy? Really though, the odds really seemed unfair but ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr Beau Update