Old Water Heater


 That little thing where the wire hooks up can twist. It has a little ignitor inside. You can see it. Turned one way puts it next to where the gas is for the pilot light. I bend the wire so it stays where I want it. Wires all have little burnt parts because the second or third try to light, gas has been building and... little explosions sometimes. Not big, just little. Once lit, it's bulletproof. Water stays hot. 

It's old. 23 years. New ones are pricey but I can find cheap ones for under $300 if they're damaged. A crack in the foam covering or something dumb. It holds 6 gallons.

I want to build a natural water heater out of 4 in pvc around back part of the motorhome roof. Painted flat black with a spigot running into the shower. I saw that on a camper. I still have to fill it. 50 - 60 gallons more I can carry. 60 x 8 more lbs to the motorhome. Showers are always nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr Beau Update