Mountain Weather


 This is the view from my campsite along the river near Dinner Station.  It's October and the mountains have fresh snow. I'm probably pushing my luck by watching the arrival of snow.

In early May, I get snowed on but it's harmless because the weather is warming and the snow won't stick around. In the fall, it's a different story. A huge snow storm could trap me. I carefully watch the forecast and can see the snow slowly working its way down with every storm. I leave around October 10th.  

I'm at near 10,000 ft elevation which stays comfortable all summer. While most of the nation is in the 90s and over 100, I'm chilling at high 70s on a warm day and 40s at night. It's one of the many reasons why I come here. The only downside is lack of oxygen so little hikes can wind an old man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr Beau Update