Full-time With Money


Depending on your financial position, there are a variety of ways to go full-time or near full-time (snowbirds). If you've done well, then you have more options. Not just the size or price of a rig but also the fuel to travel longer distances. REMEMBER THIS: newer doesn't mean no breaking down, things falling off, etc. I've seen a handful of new rigs with big  issues.

The one thing I hear from some is that they are just wandering around, east coast, west coast, State Parks, campgrounds, and RV Parks. They aren't hindered by gas costs or camp fees. They have kayaks, e-bikes, and anything for convenience. The Canadians seem to have a requirement to get back to Canada. US couples have homes they return to for the winter holidays. More are telling me they sold everything. I love that!

Being able to sprinkle in a night or two at an RV Park is nice. You can do laundry, dump, water, and propane in one stop. KOA is good because they let anyone in and usually do it with a smile. It's a brand. I know what I'm getting. Being plugged in is good to get those batteries charged well. I've stopped this. Can't afford it.

It's about freedom, just like real life. The more money, the more freedom. The funny thing is, my world with nearly nothing is not too distant from their world. If you need far less, you can position yourself up a bit and park next to a $500,000 rig. 

If you have money, I suggest you don't go too big and try to impress. Use the money for gas and practical living. Having a good, dependable rig is most  important. Too big, and you start limiting your campsites. A big ass 5th wheel needs a big ass truck. Seems inefficient. If you are a couple of just you, go with a solid motorhome with toad. 30-35 ft. 

If I were mega rich, I'd own several motorhomes, suitable for the local countryside, dispersed and stored around the world. Maybe a van, class B, Class C, Super C. Each is designed for my personal use. I'd own a nice Diesel Pusher to get between them. Oh yeah, I have "people". New England, Canada, Minnesota, Northwest, Colorado, Texas, Virginia Coast, New England ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr Beau Update