Feb 19th, 2023


I worked on my toad front brakes today. No help except YouTube. Used the crappy Toyota jack. All I need is some bolts and a wire brush which Meghan is bringing tomorrow. The bolts are needed to separate the rotor from the hub. Then put on the new rotor, hook it all back up with new pads. Repeat on the other side. Rear will be a little more complicated.

I've never done this before in my life. I love conquering something like this. Garage wanted $1,200. I'm doing it for $200. 



 Personally, I think the service center I went to didn't want to work on my 16 yr old POS. Their descriptions of what they wrote in my inspection used words just short of "icky". For my 2 hour, $65 inspection, they told me I needed new brakes. Duh. But they also had to pop off those rusting wheels and clean out the sand. If I go to a Toyota service center, they'll seize it and force me to get the air bags replaced. I'm trying to be more self reliant. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr Beau Update