Essential: Emergency Fund

 Not everyone has a huge nest egg, so you need as much put away as possible. $5000 might cover a humongous event, but you better think big. Save as much as possible. I’m currently saving $1,000 each month, $1400 if I really suck it up. The savings is perpetual. Eventually, I’ll need a new MH and toad. Stick to your plan. Be realistic. Use a spreadsheet to plan and track every expense. Starve first before touching the  emergency fund. You need some sense of security. Fight through the avoidance of reality if that’s a problem. Money, like water, is essential. If you can’t possibly save money, then you need more income. Workamp.

Never drive when your money is empty and no credit cards no matter how tempting. At a minimum, you should have $1500 available. Cash or credit. With a major breakdown you can parachute into an RV Park with a tow truck to save your money to get fixed. It's enough money to cover most everything else.

I parachuted into this RV Park. I had just overcome a few incidents and was in debt. I waited until payday to move from Magnolia Beach to College Station. Good thing I had $1300, just enough for $800 tow and $500 RV Park fee for one month.

You will break down at some point. Even if it's a flat tire, it's enough to bring you to a stop. It's part of the journey. After yelling "Fuck" you might as well adapt and be grateful for all you have. I figure this life is 80/20. 80% of the time is awesome and the other 20% is not. The 80 is great enough to make the 20 tolerable.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr Beau Update